Join Our Team
WHY ZIP CODE?
If the idea of helping individuals launch their tech career excites you, please apply! We’re looking for people who are passionate about technology, seek diversity by design, and are eager to share their expertise and skill in what they do in their workplace.
If you’d like to join our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Development Coordinator
Zip Code Wilmington is accepting applications for a Business Development (Partnership) Coordinator to join our team.
About Zip Code Wilmington:
Zip Code Wilmington is the first non-profit coding training program in Delaware, founded to build a diverse and job- ready tech talent pipeline for the area with a mission of supporting the economic development of the region. We produce entry-level software developers and data engineers through an immersive 12-week curriculum with 3 cohorts per year which are designed in partnership with our corporate partners. Since 2015, we have trained over 600 software developers and transformed the lives of our graduates.
About the Role of Business Development (Partnership) Coordinator:
The Business Development (Partnership) Coordinator plays a pivotal role in helping to increase and encourage corporate partnerships with the Zip Code Wilmington program by fostering relationships and opening lines of communication with hiring and community partners and stakeholders statewide in Delaware. This requires warmth, approachability, accessibility, transparency, composure, adaptability, and tact. Moreover, the Business Development (Partnership) Coordinator should at all times make others feel understood and comfortable. This requires an experienced Business Development (Partnership) Coordinator who is reliable and consistent in their communications and work ethic, and who can develop and maintain a calendar of events to accommodate multiple requests and conflicts. They are responsible for the daily management of contacts, tracking job postings Zip Code Wilmington Students are qualified for and communicating with Zip Code Alumni regarding their job seeking status. Additionally the Business Development (Partnership) Coordinator will track data relating to hiring and placement of students while managing contracts for placed students. Most importantly, the Business Development (Partnership) Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Corporate Partnerships to provide administrative support for the hiring and placement of students to ensure that every current and prospective
Corporate Partner feels Zip Code Wilmington values their time and efforts.
The Business Development (Partnership) Coordinator is a key member of a dynamic, highly skilled team that leverages technology platforms and best in class talent to deliver nationally acclaimed, award-winning immersive training under stressful, short timelines. While the position will work most closely with the Director of Corporate Partnerships, there will also be projects which require The Business Development (Partnership) Coordinator also work with Office Manager and the Director of Admissions & Professional Development as well. The Business Development (Partnership) Coordinator must also understand that they are assisting prospective students in a life-changing process and should have the emotional intelligence to gracefully handle the stress and difficulties that come with that process.
A successful Business Development (Partnership) Coordinator is energetic, enjoys being around people and coordinating events, takes pride in their work, demonstrates attention to detail, and acts with integrity and a sense of urgency for tasks big and small. The Business Development (Partnership) Coordinator is a great written and verbal communicator with a sense of humor, humility, and natural talent for making meaningful connections and bringing out the best in people.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ year of work experience in Office Administration (Required)
- BA/BS (Preferred)
- US Citizen and lawful permanent resident alien
- Familiar with Delaware businesses, educational institutions, workforce programs, and other key stakeholders where candidates (averaging 30-35 years of age) may be sourced
- In person (This position will not be considered for remote work)
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with other professionals
- Demonstrable proficiency with networking and public speaking
- Able to engage diverse audiences
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Highly organized, and able to juggle contracts, and data tracking while also working on the administrative side of the position.
- Ability to communicate well within and outside the organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient with Google Suite including Gmail, Google Calendars, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Pages
- Applicants must be physically able to perform efficiently the duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. Duties do not require arduous exertion but may at times involve lifting, carrying, prolonged standing, walking, pushing, bending, and reaching, and may involve the handling of heavy containers of mail and parcels weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Technically proficient with Slack, Zoom, and Discord
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Interest in software development or data engineering
- None required
- Full-Time; Non-exempt; In Person Only (This position will not be considered for remote work).
- There may be a maximum of 3 weekends/year where the Business Development (Partnership) Coordinator will attend weekend festival events with Zip Code Staff.
- $45,000 – $50,000 (Commensurate with Experience)
Reports to / Location / Travel Frequency:
Executive Director / Wilmington, Delaware / Travel (70%) anticipated, generally within the state of Delaware to meet with stakeholders as well as establish and follow up on communications with and presentations to potential sources of candidates.
- Employment is subject to background investigation and demonstration of eligibility to work in the US.
- Zip Code Wilmington, Inc., an educational institution with its principal place of business in Wilmington, Delaware, does not discriminate in human relations practices, student admissions, vendor selection or in any other manner of operation on the basis of race, creed, national origin, gender or sexual orientation or other characteristic protected under federal, state law or local law.
- We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions.
We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more at zipcodewilmington.com.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wilmington, DE 19801: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Office Administration: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person
Looking to partner with Zip Code?
Check out our page specifically for corporate partners.
Are you a current student? Login to the student portal.
Hire a Zip Coder
Check out our talented candidates!